Sunday 17 August 2014

Encino, we have a problem

Today's plan to finish lining the roof came to a grinding halt as we realised that the roof light still leaks, and that the timbers around it really are rotten. So rotten that the plywood is delaminating. 


So rotten, in fact, that in some parts you can squeeze water out of it. So my one new bit of ceiling has to come back down again, and somehow some new timbers have to go up. 

My father in law seems utterly confident that we can do it and it will be easy. I was glad he was there to stop me going into panic mode. Operation timber is scheduled for Tuesday. 

 
The roof light will be coming out....

Not to be dissuaded I've already cut the new ceiling panels to put up. I also carried on with the sander and sanded all the internal wood ready for painting one day. 

FIL also figured out how to make the double bed work (though I still don't think it will fit 2 people!!) so that's one bit of DIY I don't have to work out how to do. 

With all that dust about I also gave all the surfaces a wipe down so the whole place does look a bit better. Still no idea how to decorate the inside mind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment